Friday, January 20, 2006

pink

I never thought I'd be the mom with the pink baby girl. Seriously--I wanted to NOT instill this social pressure on an infant who didn't really know any better. I swore I'd not buy cutesy, fluffy pink baby clothes for my daughter.

And I haven't.

Only, in accepting the wonderfully generous, donated baby clothes from my girl friends, I've ended up with an entirely pink wardrobe for the new baby. There is A LOT of it. And I mean A LOT. I think the girl will be able to wear a pink sleeper every day for a month and never wear the same one twice.

The stuff is all GORGEOUS, mind you. AND FREE. Did I mention free? I was given these high quality, hardly used (nay--some of them are BRAND NEW WITH TAGS!) baby clothes and I love them. I'm truly in love with the tiny sweaters--the red one with the pink & white heart and the pink one with the fleece bunny on the chest. I'm done for. The flowers and hearts and bunnies have killed me with their cute.

I think I may have to back down on my original assertions that I wouldn't try to gender-program my kid through clothes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home