Thursday, May 26, 2005

my name is lisa and i have a bulk buying problem

I'm surrounded by the evidence of my latest trip to Sam's Club. Carton of 136 diapers, double pack of 64-count Swiffer sweeper sheets as well as a bonus pack of 18 Swiffer Wet Jet pads and two bottles of cleaning solution, a couple of cases of Diet Coke, a new, hinged lid cat littler pan, bulk fruit (blueberries and strawberries) and a jumbo box of Chip Ahoy chocolate chip cookies.

Of these, the fruit bothers me most because strawberries go bad so quickly. And even though the blueberries last a long time, I don't think the boy can eat 18 oz. before they go bad. I'm going to have to start helping him out with those by putting them in my yogurt and on top of my cereal. The strawberries, I'll slice and freeze.

The Swiffers gets used frequently due to the dogs and their tumble-weed like sheddings. The diapers are a gimme--those certainly get used (to the tune of 5-7 a day). That means it'll be nearly a month before I have to buy diapers again. They're so much cheaper in bulk.

If that's just rationalization, so what?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home